Monday, May 4, 2009

ON, "TOP" OF GIRLS

I used to call my T-Shirt a “Top.” As a boy, that was so embarrassing.

When I was in seventh grade, I was hanging out with a bunch of boys and I spilled some soda on my T-Shirt. However the words that came out of my mouth were “Oh shoot I spilled some soda on my TOP” The boys looked at me funny. One corrected me, “Your T-Shirt?” Thank god they were clueless about women in general and especially the terminology used for articles of clothing. Since then, I knew I was growing up with girls… and that girls had a whole different vocabulary than I. I was just a boy trying to figure out what the heck was going on… Lesson: Know your audience. J

6 comments:

  1. Looks like nothing has changed since 7th grade. As men, males are still "clueless about women in general". haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Question: What did you call your pants?

    ReplyDelete