Monday, May 4, 2009

GIRLS SPEAK CHINESE

Girls have a very unique way of communicating... at least to us men. They can say a thousand words with their silence... Ugh. Sometimes I can't stand it.

When I was a year old my sister (five years older) used to poke my eyes out. Later my mother told me that was her way of communicating and reaching out to me since she didn't know what to make of her new baby brother. Ever since then women have been "poking" my eyes out. Sometimes their way of communicating just "hurts."

Some woman to English translations (Men take note):

1. Pure Silence=This could mean anything but it's usually not good. So be warned

2. "No, nothing is wrong" = Yes, something is wrong and it's our (men) job to find out.

3. "I want to go out with the girls (or dancing)= I've had a long week and I need to feel beautiful and would love some attention, if it's from some men, so be it. (And if she talks about having an Apple Martini as of Thursday night, really look out men, you won't be seeing her on Friday.)

4. "I'm seeing/dating him"=I’m sleeping with him in consideration for a serious boyfriend.

5. "Whatever you want is fine"= We are going to do what I want but I don't want to sound "bitchy" or "demanding" OR, "Make a freak'n decision and offer me some options so I can decide!

Women, just be honest and clear. We can take it. The guy/man will want to give you all that you want if he's worth keeping. Speaking Chinese will only prolong the process of getting you what you want, and will cause men to be so frustrated to the point that they will not want to give you what you want in the end... I experienced the most peace and harmony when my sisters or past relationships were direct and clear with what they wanted. We also got along as a family and with so many siblings, and five of them being female, that was an accomplishment!

(Stay tuned for my Men translation including some of the above 5 sayings)

6 comments:

  1. Women always get along with women...even if they are just "pretending" to get along. So living in a WOMANOCRACY I would expect it to be more peaceful. My question is how can MEN and WOMEN get along? Other than mating? How can MEN and WOMEN live in peace and speak the SAME language, rather than "Chinese" and Brutish?

    ~In Search for the Answers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Women are crazy. Why can't they just say what they mean? I'm tired of having to translate every little thing that they do. When I get fed up I look like the bad guy and come off as a jerk. I agree.
    Say what you mean ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kevin, I hear you're pain. The thing to remember is that if you keep yourself clear and are clear with them... they will eventualy come around. Don't lose hope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To clarify "I'm dating him" does NOT mean we are sleeping together! "Seeing him" can be a polite way for meaning "sleeping" together instead of saying "we go out and yes we have sex", but not DATING. Dating means coffee, dinner, a movie, a date is not code for sex. Men get that straight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the clarification, however some women sleep with more than one person, those are the women that say "dating" him, from my experience. Not making any judgement here, just an observation, which is why I listed both "seeing and dating" with "seeing" listed first because as you say, it's most commonly used for "sleeping with him" Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dating is dating. Seeing is sleeping with.

    ReplyDelete